Elephant Safari & Bamboo Rafting
Get up close to elephants and watch them demonstrate their skills, experience a 1 hours ride on elephant back through the jungle and the famous bamboo rafting.
Elephants have been revered in Thailand for many centuries. Famous as the strongest beasts of burden, in Thailand they were important in battle, with kings mounted on Elephants fighting the Burmese to defend Thailand on many occasions. They have also been noted for their intelligence, memory and pleasant nature. A Thai legend has it that a marriage is like an elephant-- the husband is the front legs, that choose the direction, the wife the back legs, providing the power!
Since the ancient time, the elephant was raised by men for many advantages such as a royal vehicle of kings in the wars, or even as worker in the forest. So, the elephant is considered greatly beneficial to Thai people. The current roles of the elephant have changed entirely.
One of the most delightful experiences for most tourists to Thailand is their experience riding in a safe howdah on the back of an elephant, riding on the elephant through the lush tropical jungle of Chiang Mai's Mae-Sa Valley.
• 08:30: Pick you up from hotel
• Depart for Mae Rim, the first stop is the magnificent Maesa Elephant Camp, It takes about 40 minutes travel time
• Watch a herd of elephant taking a bath in mountain steam and brief demonstration their skill at the elephant show how this great beast work in remote jungle and responding to the commands of the mahouts.
• Then take experience ridding on elephant through the jungle about 1 hour
• Lunch at restaurant
• After lunch, ox carting then embark on bamboo raft for leisure trip float down Ping River
• Trip continues to Orchid & Butterfly Farm to see a large collection of more than 50 different types of exotic and colorful orchids in bloom all year round.
• Back to Chiang Mai City and transfer to hotel
• 16:30: Transfer to the hotel
_________________end of service________________
Meals : Lunch
• Rates are per person
• A minimum 2 adults per booking is required
• Child’s rates are for children between 4-11 years old
• Join transportation
• English-speaking guide
• Elephant riding
• Admission fee to all places indicated in the program
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Chiang Mai town
Service does not include:
• Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program
• Other meals not mentioned in the program
• Personal expenses such as drinks, snacks and tips
• Pick-up from Four Seasons Resort and Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi will be extra charged at 1,000 baht which can pay directly pay directly on the day of travel.
• The program can be changed subjected to the weather condition for suitable without prior notice.
• Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable.