Chiang Rai day trip
• Tour: Chiang Rai day trip
• Time: 07.00 a.m. – 19.00 p.m.
Chiang Rai is located in the north of Thailand with the cool weather all year round, terrain is mountainous and lowland hijacked. Chiang Rai is a land of outstanding natural beauty, where visitors can visit remote hill tribes, spot exotic wildlife, and check out the golden triangle, the former center of the world’s opium trade.
Northeast of Chiang Rai is Chiang Saen, on the banks of the Mekong River. The site of an ancient and once powerful settlement, it is full of historical interest as well as brings the nearest town to the famous “Golden Triangle”, where the confluence of the Mekong and Ruak Rivers forms the border between Thailand, Myanmar and Laos-a famous and spellbinding spot.
Now, Chiang Rai is a traveler’s paradise, endowed with abundant natural attractions and antiquities. Attractions range from ruins of ancient settlements and Buddhist shrines to magnificent mountain scenery and hill tribe villages.
Start a scenic drive of around 3 hours to Chiang Rai
• 07.00: Pick up from hotels in Chiang Mai and start a scenic drive through the countryside of around 3 hours to Chiang Rai
• Take a break from the journey by visiting Mae Kha-Jan Hot Spring, there are three natural spring wells. Each pond is about 3 meters wide with temperatures around 80 degrees can be cooked eggs within three minutes and also have private mineral baths that connect from the hot springs.
• Visit Wat Rong Khun, this temple is different from any other temple in Thailand, as it has been constructed entirely in a radiant white color with sparking reflections from mirrored glass mosaics embedded in the white plaster, its unique decor designed by a famous Thai artist.
• Continue trip to Chiang Saen, a river town strewn with the ruins of ancient temples, observe for the history of the former Thai Kingdom.
• Lunch at restaurant
• Visit Golden Triangle where the three countries; Thailand, Myanmar and Laos are met, enjoy a panoramic vista over the three countries from a viewpoint set high on a hillside. Take a long-tail boat for a ride on the Khong River. You’ll arrive at the point where Myanmar, Laos and Thailand meet, and stop at a local Laos village (bring your passport)
• Visit the Hall of Opium, an insightful museum focusing on the history of the Golden Triangle and the opium trade.
• Return to Chiang Mai
• 19.00: Arrive Chiang Mai and transfer to hotel
_________________end of service________________
Meals : Lunch
• Rates are per person
• A minimum 2 adults per booking is required
• Child’s rates are for children between 4-11 years old
• Join transportation
• English-speaking guide
• Boat ride on the Khong River
• Entrance fees to all places indicated in the program
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Chiang Mai town
• Traveling accident insurance
Service does NOT include:
• Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program
• Other meals not mentioned in the program
• Personal expenses such as drinks, snacks and tips
• Pick-up from Four Seasons Resort and Mandarin Oriental Dhara Devi will be extra charged at 1,000 baht which can pay directly on the day of travel.
• The program can be changed subjected to the weather condition for suitable without prior notice.
• Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable.